OBEDSKA BARA FULL DAY TOUR
– This tour is available every day, as a full day tour
– Pick up time is 8am and return 6pm
– Our bike guides will pick you up, take you to the location and drive you back
– Two riders minimum required
– Price is €84.80 per person, with lunch at local restaurant included
– Full day rides require above beginner level
– Custom tours, private departures for groups and corporate events available. Just let us know!
Obedska bara is a large swamp-forest area and natural reserve stretching along the Sava River, some 40 km west of Belgrade. It is an authentic complex of stagnant tributaries, marshes, pits, marsh vegetation, damp meadows and forests and is one of the richest and best preserved wildlife habitats in the Pannonian plain. Even the Austro-Hungarian Emperors protected it as hunting ground of the royal family.
To bike here means to feel the magic mix of century-old forests of oak, marshland colony and numerous natural rarities. The mixture of paved roads grass areas and dirt pathways in this “horse-shoe” shaped area makes biking here a real adventure. You will feel the nature with its sounds and smells and experience first hand why this area is called Serbian Yellowstone.
The tour will also take you to the 16th century monastery Obed, built by the Serbian royal family. You can take a break in one of the several authentic restaurants in the area.