DELIBLATSKA PEŠČARA HALF DAY TOUR
– This tour is available every day as a half day tour
– Pick up times are 7am or 2pm (and return 12pm or 7pm)
– Our bike guides will pick you up, take you to the location and drive you back
– No minimum number of riders required
– Price is €58.90 per person for half day rides. A surcharge of €15 will be applied for solo riders
– Tour is designed for riders of all levels, from beginner to expert
Deliblatska Peščara is a large sand area with elliptical shaped sand hills, steppe grassland plains and steppe forests. Once vast prehistoric desert it is now home to many endemic species of plants and animals which are rare or endangered in Europe and globally. It is the largest sandy terrain in Europe and offers unique biking experience, nowhere to be seen in this part of the world! It is especially beautiful early in the morning, when the rising sun and sand create surreal Mars-like images.
Biking on this terrain is really special and there are many marked and unmarked tracks to enjoy in. Don’t be surprised or afraid if you run into a deer, a polecat, lynx or a jackal as these species will make you feel you are in a real wilderness. There are also some authentic places to take a break, including small restaurants and even movie sets as preserved nature and the vast expanse of the sands, created an outstanding film city under the open sky.