STARI SLANKAMEN TOUR
Located by the Danube, some 60km north of Belgrade, just off the Fruška Gora. The name itself means “salty stone” and the area is famous for its spas, fish specialties, wine and beautiful beaches on the Danube. You will start your ride next to the colorful win-yards, overlooking the impressive Danube and dominating the area.
Settled first by the Celts, then the Romans who build fortifications there, and finally the Slavs, the area is famous for the Battle of Slankamen, fought between the Ottomans and Holy Roman Empire in 1691. A 16-meter obelisk was built to commemorate the victory of the Imperial army, in a battle that ultimately stopped Ottoman invasion of Europe. You will ride pass the obelisk, reading the verses of Serbian poet Jovan Jovanović Zmaj inscribed in the monument. The path will then take you downhill towards the settlement, and straight to remains of the Roman fortress Acumincum. The path will then take you further down to water spring Slanača, known for its health benefits. You can ride even further, or take a walk and visit a marina on the Danube. Taking a break at one of the restaurants and tasting an exquisite fish soup is something we warmly recommend.
– This tour is available every day, as a half day or full day tour
– Pick up times for half day tours can be 7am or 2pm (and return 12pm or 7pm)
– Pick up time for full day tour is 8am and return around 6pm
– Our bike guides will pick you up, take you to the location and drive you back
– No minimum number of riders required for half day rides. Two riders minimum for full day rides
– Price is €58.90 per person for half day rides. A surcharge of €15 will be applied for solo riders
– Full day rides are prices at €84.80 per person, with lunch at local restaurant included
– Tour is designed for riders of all levels, from beginner to expert. Full day rides require above beginner level
– Custom tours, private departures for groups and corporate events available. Just let us know!