OBEDSKA BARA TOUR
Obedska bara is a large swamp-forest area and natural reserve stretching along the Sava River, some 40 km west of Belgrade. It is an authentic complex of stagnant tributaries, marshes, pits, marsh vegetation, damp meadows and forests and is one of the richest and best preserved wildlife habitats in the Pannonian plain. Even the Austro-Hungarian Emperors protected it as hunting ground of the royal family.
To bike here means to feel the magic mix of century-old forests of oak, marshland colony and numerous natural rarities. The mixture of paved roads grass areas and dirt pathways in this “horse-shoe” shaped area makes biking here a real adventure. You will feel the nature with its sounds and smells and experience first hand why this area is called Serbian Yellowstone.
The tour will also take you to the 16th century monastery Obed, built by the Serbian royal family. You can take a break in one of the several authentic restaurants in the area.
– This tour is available every day, as a half day or full day tour
– Pick up times for half day tours can be 7am or 2pm (and return 12pm or 7pm)
– Pick up time for full day tour is 9am and return around 6pm
– Our bike guides will pick you up, take you to the location and drive you back
– No minimum number of riders required for half day rides. Two riders minimum for full day rides
– Price is €58.90 per person for half day rides. A surcharge of €15 will be applied for solo riders
– Full day rides are prices at €84.80 per person, with lunch at local restaurant included
– Tour is designed for riders of all levels, from beginner to expert. Full day rides require above beginner level
– Custom tours, private departures for groups and corporate events available. Just let us know!