DELIBLATSKA PEŠČARA TOUR
Deliblatska Peščara is a large sand area with elliptical shaped sand hills, steppe grassland plains and steppe forests. Once vast prehistoric desert it is now home to many endemic species of plants and animals which are rare or endangered in Europe and globally. It is the largest sandy terrain in Europe and offers unique biking experience, nowhere to be seen in this part of the world! It is especially beautiful early in the morning, when the rising sun and sand create surreal Mars-like images.
Biking on this terrain is really special and there are many marked and unmarked tracks to enjoy in. Don’t be surprised or afraid if you run into a deer, a polecat, lynx or a jackal as these species will make you feel you are in a real wilderness. There are also some authentic places to take a break, including small restaurants and even movie sets as preserved nature and the vast expanse of the sands, created an outstanding film city under the open sky.
– This tour is available every day, as a half day or full day tour
– Pick up times for half day tours can be 7am or 2pm (and return 12pm or 7pm)
– Pick up time for full day tour is 9am and return around 6pm
– Our bike guides will pick you up, take you to the location and drive you back
– No minimum number of riders required for half day rides. Two riders minimum for full day rides
– Price is €58.90 per person for half day rides. A surcharge of €15 will be applied for solo riders
– Full day rides are prices at €84.80 per person, with lunch at local restaurant included
– Tour is designed for riders of all levels, from beginner to expert. Full day rides require above beginner level
– Custom tours, private departures for groups and corporate events available. Just let us know!