BELGRADE CITY TOUR
Tour of New Belgrade and Zemun
Zemun and New Belgrade are cities within a city with strong identity and many stories linked to it. Our Zemun tour will first pass through New Belgrade, a socialist vision of perfect city. An interesting mix of politics and architecture that went through many different phases, both loved and hated by many.
First stop will be the biggest communist palace built in these areas, the Palace of Serbia, then we will take a detour to see the curious example of brutalist architecture, the Genex tower, after which we ride down to the river and get into Zemun. We might climb to Millennial Tower at Gardoš to enjoy the views over the river and the city, or just stay by the river to feed the swans. On our way back a quick stop in the Zemun park that used to be the border crossing between Turkish and Austrian empire, so some interesting things to hear about that time. Back to the river again, and easy ride to the bridge, a great place to see the Fortress of Kalemegdan from the other side of the river.
Tour finishes in Savamala district. It takes about 3 hours to do this tour, without too much effort.
– This tour is available every day
– Meeting place: Kraljevica Marka 6 (Hotel pick-up possible and charged separately €6 per person)
– Tour starts at 10.30am
– Bring: water, camera, comfortable clothes, sun-cream
– Length: 20km, 3-4 hours
– Level: easy, flat terrain, cycle lanes and pedestrian walkways
– Price is €25 per person. No minimum number of riders required
Powered by Belgrade Bike Central